- decide on the most suitable structure for your business - sole trader, partnership, limited liability partnership or limited company – and understand the difference between the options;
- prepare a business plan, cashflow projections, budgets, and trading forecasts;
- assess the finance requirements, advise on the best sources of finance and draw up the necessary proposals;
- establish a good working relationship with your bank;
- complete any registration procedures with Companies House, Inland Revenue and Customs & Excise;
Business Start Up
Many of our clients have trusted us since they started in business. If you have a business idea and would like advice, we would love to hear from you. The initial meeting is free of charge.
We will help you to:
- deal with company secretarial issues;
- set up a recording system for your internal use and for complying with statutory requirements;
- decide on what computer hardware to buy and help with the installation of accountancy software;
- keep on top of bookkeeping, VAT, payroll and other accounting requirements; and
- help with all aspects of business compliance and administration.
Accountancy and Business Services
We can help you by making sure accounts are prepared in the correct format, statutory books and other company secretarial records are kept up-to-date and that all statutory returns are prepared.
We can relieve you of the regulatory burden and leave you more time to concentrate on other areas of your business. In short, we will make sure everything is in the right format, in the right place and at the right time.
Our range of compliance services includes:
- annual accounts;
- company secretarial services;
- IR35 and personal service companies;
- tax returns; and
- Grant claims.
We will help you to understand the tax implications of your actions, in order that you can plan ahead and conduct your affairs in a tax efficient way.
Corporation Tax Services
We can help limited companies to plan a tax-efficient reward package for their owners; and to advise on the balance between salary and dividends. We can assist in all aspects of corporation tax planning and prepare and file the necessary returns.
Income Tax and Self- Assessment
We can provide you with practical advice on personal tax positions and the planning opportunities available to you. We can complete tax returns, calculate any tax liability and advise you on exactly when to make payments and how much to pay.
Personal Tax Planning
Today, more and more emphasis is being put on taxpayers' individual responsibilities and everyone who is subject to taxation needs professional advice and support if they are to optimise their tax position and ensure they meet the compliance requirements.
Few of us like to think about dying, however the relevant legislation requires us to plan well in advance. This means making the necessary provisions now. There are many tax opportunities available and the earlier arrangements are made, the greater the chance of taking full advantage of our complicated tax system.
VAT and Making Tax Digital for VAT
We can help to ensure that you comply with the regulations and that overpayments are not made. To help you manage this complex area, we provide an efficient, cost-effective VAT service, which includes:
- assistance with VAT registration;
- advice on VAT planning and administration;
- advice on the best use of accounting software;
- use of the most appropriate VAT scheme for you business;
- help with bookkeeping and completing and submitting VAT returns;
- planning to minimise future problems with Customs and Excise; and
- negotiating with Customs and Excise in disputes
We have a wealth of experience in dealing with HMRC investigations, whether they are enquiries into an individual’s Tax Return under the Self-Assessment regime, more detailed enquiries or employer-related investigations into PAYE and P11d compliance.
If you are about to be the subject of an investigation, we can provide expert help and support.
We offer tax investigation protection which is designed to provide clients with protection against the costs of any enquiry.
This allows us to prepare and defend your case and negotiate the best possible outcome for you with HMRC.
If this is of interest to you, please contact us.